Dewesoft provide some default screens with predefined displays of different instruments for each input, for example scope, recorder, FFT analyser,…
These instruments are built as a jump start that software acts like a classic instruments like strip chart recorders, classic oscilloscopes and so on. We have the following predefined displays - screens:
- Overview screen includes one meter for all active channels by default. An Overview display is intended to be defined and supplemented by the user with adding and arranging meters and other instruments.
- Scope - oscilloscope screen has predefined one Scope instrument, which is usually used for displaying fast, short-time events. Like in a traditional scope you can define trigger conditions.
- Recorder screen has predefined the recorder instrument displays for all of the active channels by default. This screen is meant to display the time-history plotting capabilities and to get an idea of the acquired signals over a long time - trend.
- Vertical recorder screen has predefined the vertical recorder instrument displays for all of the active channels by default. It is similar to recorder display, but the time plots are shown vertically. It replaces old fashion paper recorders mainly used in telemetry.
- FFT display (Fast Fourier Transformation) screen has predefined FFT and one scope instrument displays for the all of active channels by default (each graph can display up to 4 signals). The basic idea of the FFT display is to display the frequency components of your acquired data. Scope helps you to interpret the FFT data.
- Power analysis display screen has predefined Vector scope of selected signals and one scope instrument displays for the all of active channels by default. The basic idea of the Power display is to display of voltage and current as well as the phase between them of your acquired data immediately. The time domain based graph helps you to interpret the Power data.
- Video screen has predefined Video display and one recorder instrument display for the all of active channels by default (recorder graph can display up to 4 signals). The basic idea of the Video is to observe a video together with a recorder view for time domains display your acquired data.
- GPS screen has predefined GPS display, digital meters for GPS channels and one recorder instrument display. The basic idea of the GPS screen is to observe a graphical representation position data together with a display of acquired values in digital meters and a recorder view for time domain display of acquired data.
With new setup, there are only a few displays which are added. These are Overview, Scope, Recorder and FFT.
Displays can be changed by selecting icon on Dewesoft toolbar.
A great feature is that displays can be added according to the needs of specific setup. Additional predefined displays can be added by selecting the display icon.
A new predefined display can be added by choosing from display templates. Here all the standard displays named above are shown.
These screens can be altered to meet the user’s requirements and arrange them freely in front of any graphic in your system to have a simple and efficient overview of your signals and measurement. Please look at the following section Creating own display and Display settings for more information on this topic.