Dewesoft provide new control elements, allowing users to control Dewesoft actions like start and stop or to directly influence outputs, like function generator parameters.
Control element has two basic modes of operations:
- Dewesoft action to control Dewesoft for example in full screen.
- Control channel operation to manually control function generator or for example some of the digital outputs.
In the Dewesoft action mode, only push buttons are allowed. There are several actions possible:
- Start - will start the measurement from Stop mode
- Stop - will stop the measurement (and storing)
- Pause - will pause recording, it is actually pause/resume toggle - if paused, it will resume measurement
- Freeze - will freeze the recorders if Freeze buffer is enabled in Project setup
- Store - will start storing
- Trigger - will issue manual trigger in Store mode
- Screen select - will select the screen named the same as Action string
- Keyboard event - will make the Keyboard event
- Set channel - will set channel
- File name - will show file name
- Sample rate - will show sample rate
- Exit Dewesoft - will exit the Dewesoft
Action string defines the name of the button.
When using Control channels, we can display Control element as:
- Input field - to manually enter a new control value
- Push button - to allow short on/off event
- Switch - to switch between two or more states (could be defined by the control channel)
- Turn knob - to allow smooth transition between values defined by min and max
- Horizontal / vertical slider - same as turn knob, but linear
- Check box
- Drop-down list
- Up down list
For turn knob, horizontal and vertical slider we can also define minimum and maximum limit. In analyse mode Control element has no function.