As soon as you have reloaded the measurement file in Dewesoft Analyse mode, the recorded data will be displayed. Independent from the selected instrument type, there are several elements which are the same for all instruments.
Signal overview window - on the top of display screen is small bar with one channel as an overview of the whole measurement with possibility of Select a channel for overview and display the signal only within the selected Time overview box using Time selector.
Let’s take as an example the Overview screen:
NOTE: All section of this chapter refers to the file Example_Drive01.dsd, which will be installed automatically on your system with the standard installation of Dewesoft. You can load this file to try out the described functions.
All of the channel scaling, name, and units info that were in effect at the time of recording are restored so that your data can be properly interpreted.
The display settings can be done in Measure and Analyse mode. You can use in Analyse mode all of the features available in the Measure mode: to add/delete graphs and inputs from each graph, change the T-axis and Y-axis scales, and more. If we alter the display settings in the Analyse mode we need to manually store those settings with choosing Data -> Store settings and event and we can also use these settings for next measurement with Data -> Use setup for the measure.
For information about Store settings see -> User Guide -> Storing settings and events.
The interesting area for us is now the top area of the screen. You will see several elements which are not available in the Measure mode. Let’s go into detail now.
Signal overview window
Each instrument offers at the top of the screen a small bar with one channel as an overview of the whole measurement:
Stored data offers at the top of the screen a small bar - Signal overview window / Time overview bar with:
- symbolic display of signals in white bordered rectangular with yellow cursor as an overview of the whole stored data
- start date and time of stored data
- end date and time of stored data
- Time selector and Time overview box
Within the Time overview bar there is also a cursor available and as a standard it is located at the left side of white bordered rectangular. If you look carefully at this area, you will see a yellow vertical line and this is a cursor.
Select a channel for overview window
Click on the overview bar to select it. Now you can change the displayed channel - as a standard, it is the first acquired channel. To do that simply clicks on the name of the channel in CHANNELS selector as we have already done before in the Measure mode.
For information about Channels selector see -> Channel selector.
Now in overview window symbolic display of new selected channel is displayed:
Whatever is displayed in the instruments below, the Time overview bar will always show you the whole signal. For example you have selected just a small time area in the recorder within the whole signal; you get this area marked in the overview bar.
Click Time selector icon on the right side of the overview bar, the following Time selector window will pop-up on Analyse screen below Time overview bar:
Now you can enter:
- Shown time; from drop down list in right field day, hour, min, sec or millisecond time unit can be selected.
- exact Start time position within the file:
- Absolute - in left field date is displayed, which can be selected from the drop-down list (calendar is displayed); in right field, start time to show measurement is displayed in form h:mm:sec - we can direct enter values or select group h, min or sec
- Relative to measurement - in left field days are displayed, which you can enter direct into field); in right field start time to show measurement is displayed in form h:mm:sec - we can direct enter values or select group h, min or sec.
The result depends on the used screen instrument: the single value elements like digital or analog meter, bargraph,… will show the current values the beginning of the selected time window, multiple value elements like the recorder, scope, FFT,… will display the signal only within the selected Time overview box (= like a zoom function).
We can select another stored data within the whole signal with movement Time overview box on Time overview bar but with same range of stored data. You can move the selection window - Time overview box in three ways:
- enter a new start time in the Start show time window as described above (by this option we can also change size of range - Showtime)
- click on the selection window - Time overview box and move it by mouse
- simply use the cursor keys (this will move the selection window each time by the half size of the window itself)
Time overview box
Selected range of stored data within the whole signal is marked in the Time overview bar with white bordered box - Time overview box (Time window). Symbolic display of signals outside of this box is dimmed.
In case of selecting only range of stored data on Time overview bar Trigger switch button changes
and instead appear button.
Within the Time overview box there is also a cursor available and as a standard it is located at the left side of box. If you look carefully at this area, you will see a yellow vertical line and this is a cursor.
With mouse pointed on yellow cursor mouse cursor changes and then you can can drag this cursor within box.
At the same time move also yellow cursor relatively proportional to stored data in the Instrument Display on central part of screen.
After analyse range data in Time overview box with the press on this switch we enlarge selection
to initial - whole range of stored data and Trigger mode button return to: