All Dewesoft pre-defined and added display types can be adapted to meet the user’s requirements and to have a simple, but an efficient overview of your signals and measurement.
Pre-defined display is excellent starting point to create your own display with different appearance of acquired signals on screen with:
- Add instrument
- Standard instruments
- Additional instruments
- Additional screen edit functions
- Channel selector - different view on all used channels, channels assigning or reassigning to instruments, resizing the channel selector, user-defined channel groups
- Display menu functions - to manage displays: full-screen mode, add another display, Rename and Delete display
- Instrument appearance - define control properties to set up predefined and new added instruments
- Screen edit functions - to define Instruments appearance on screen, common and additional control and function
When you press the Design button or when selecting Design mode from the menu bar, design mode is selected and you are allowed to create your own display appearance of channels data on the screen.
After you press Design button, next to this button ‘add instrument’ design toolbar appears.
An Overview display is intended to be defined by the user and is best starting point to create own display, but also other predefined screens can be altered to meet the special requirements.
Design mode is selected as a default with Overview display:
WARNING: When you have finished the adaptation, please press the Design button again to fix the layout, otherwise you won’t have the full functionality of the instruments.
After you press Design again, Design mode toolbar disappear.
All display types can be adapted to your own requirements with:
- Shown predefined standard instruments for selected pre-defined display (and for all used channels) on the lower right part of this screen
- Control properties and Design tool button on upper left part of this screen to enter Design mode - Add instruments for this type of display with button on “add instrument” design toolbar
- Instrument setting on middle left part of this screen
- Assigning channels to new instruments with channels selector on right part of this screen
- Using additional screen edit functions on design toolbar of this screen and Displays menu edit display option
- Instrument appearance setting: position, size, grouping,…
To add an instrument to your display, after selecting Design mode just click on the desired icon on “add instrument” design toolbar, described at widget settings.
Every time when you click on the instrument icon, a new instrument will be added at the left-top corner of the instrument area.
You can add instruments according to your requirements. Due to the flexibility of the Dewesoft display screens, you can arrange the instruments according to your requirements with nearly no limitation.
Assign / Reassign channels to instruments
As a standard, channels will be automatically assigned to new instruments. But usually you don’t want these channels to be in the new instrument and you want to reassign another channel.
Make sure that the new instrument is still selected - this is indicated by a white box around the instrument. If it is not selected, click once on it. Then click on any input from the channel selector on the right side of the screen to assign this channel to the new instrument. Some instruments like the Recorder or Scope allow more channels assigned to one graph.
To reassign any instrument from one channel to another, first click the instrument to select it, then unclick the currently selected channel from the channels selector (depending on instrument type, it will display unassigned or simply remove the channel), then click on any other channel from the channels list.
You can have the same channel assigned to multiple instruments if desired.
Rearranging channel order
When multiple channels are assigned to an instrument with axis (Recorder, 2D Graph) the last chosen channel is displayed in front of all the other channels. To bring specific channel in front you can rearrange the channel display order. To change the channel display order click on the channel you wish to bring in front on the Y axis and drag it to the desired position. On multi Y axis the channel in front is positioned on the far left side, and on the single Y axis the channel in front is positioned at the top.