Dewesoft set with Alarms the digital states according to acquired data and display alarm state on online screen. The alarm monitoring function can be also activated for digital output to A/D board.
When you select the Alarm tab on Dewesoft Setup screen, on the lower part of screen Alarms settings will appear to enter:
- Basic settings - to Add / Delete alarm; set eventual physically digital Alarm output selection; define Use alarms when and Alarm reset settings (set condition for reset alarm)
- Alarm conditions - conditions to Add (New) / Change / Remove and define Alarm start condition or “Don’t start” condition and eventual Alarm stop conditions
Add (New) / Delete alarm monitoring channel
When you select Alarms tab to define a new Alarm, on the lower part of the screen an empty alarm list appears:
It has two icons: * Plus - to add a new alarm condition * Minus - to remove the selected alarm condition.
When you press the Add alarm button, a new alarm condition is displayed:
To set up alarm we use:
Common settings - set eventual physically digital Alarm output selection; define Use alarms when and Alarm reset settings (set condition for reset alarm)
Conditions settings - to Add (New) / Change / Delete and define Alarm start condition or “Don’t start” condition and eventual Alarm stop conditions with Condition setup
Alarm output selection
The Enable alarm monitoring and Use digital output box are checked.
If no alarm is checked, the alarm will be virtual - only available for display.
After checking one output on Alarm output selection the alarms will be output on selected channel.
After checking two outputs on Alarm output selection the alarm will be output on two output channels
Use alarms when
Select from Use alarms when the drop-down list:
- alarm while acquiring data
- alarm during storing
Alarm reset settings
Select the appropriate choice from the displayed list:
- Never - when Start condition carry out, Alarm remain on to end of acquiring or storing data.
- Manual - when Start condition carry out, Alarm goes on and on the first row of display screen red Alarm ON button appears:
To manual alarm reset alarm click on this button and display change to:
- On condition - next to Alarm start condition and “Don’t start” condition on the right lower part of the screen also Alarm stop conditions section appear:
- After - when Start condition carries out, Alarm goes on and will be reset after the amount of sec, which is entered in the field beside this control:
Set Alarm conditions
After you have configured add and basics alarm settings, alarm conditions on the lower part of the screen can be added/changed:
- Alarm start condition or “Don’t start” condition
- Alarm stop conditions (this part is displayed only for On condition Alarm reset settings option
Add (New) Alarm conditions
When you press the Add alarm button beside Alarm start/stop condition or “Don’t start” condition, a new alarm condition line is displayed:
NOTE: The alarm monitoring function has no influence on recording functions. It is only used to define the state of the digital output channels.
To change the default setting, press the Setup button in condition line. The following window appears:
Now you can define the alarm condition. In the left-lower area of the window, you can see the current signals, which should help you to set the condition faster. After you have done all settings, press the OK button to accept the changes. The new condition is now available.
If you have more than one alarm condition defined, they are combined by OR condition. There is no relation between the output channels; therefore you can use the same or different conditions for different output channels.
The alarm monitoring conditions are similar to trigger conditions.
Change Alarm conditions
To change alarm conditions, select the condition (click once on it) and press the Setup button again ton invoke Condition setup window where condition settings can be changed.
Remove Alarm conditions
To remove an alarm condition, select the output channel and the condition to delete by clicking on it. After you have selected the condition in that way, press the Remove button.